1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons eggnog
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C)
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cream sugar and butter until light
- Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Do not over mix
- Spoon onto un-greased cookie sheets or parchment paper and make the dough balls rather small, they will spread generously in the oven.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges barely start to brown.
- While cookies are in the oven, make the eggnog glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar with 3 T eggnog.
- Glaze your cookies warm or cooled and top with cinnamon.